Community

Davisson receives Horatio Alger Scholarship

Horation-Algers-Association2
Megan Davisson of Manchester will receive the prestigious 2016 Horatio Alger Honeywell Scholarship. She attends the University of Kentucky, where she studies Biosystems engineering. This annual scholarship recognizes outstanding students, who, in the face of great adversity, have exhibited an admirable commitment to pursuing their college degree in science, technology, engineering or math (STEM).

Subscribe to the Manchester Enterprise Today!
Click Here To Subscribe On-line

Continue reading

Clay Residents Recognized as Outstanding Students

AliceLloydEagles
Six Clay Countians have earned a high level of academic distinction at Alice Lloyd College for the 2016 Spring Semester. Makayla Hubbard of Manchester, and Katelyn White of Manchester was named to the Dean’s Distinguished List for receiving a grade point average of 3.75-3.99 (based on a 4.0 scale). Students named to the Dean’s List for achieving a grade point average of 3.25-3.74 were Lani Muncy of Manchester, Lesley Roberts of Manchester, Cody Smith of Manchester, and Charles White of Manchester.

Continue reading

Martins Creek Memories

Snakes, They’re out

When I was a child, mother always told us that where you see one snake then there would be another one. Recently I found this to be true.
June 4, 2015 I watched a black snake about three feet long, crawling out of the garden. I chased it across the yard. I never like for a snake to get away from me. I figure that if a snake gets away from me today, it could come back tomorrow.

Continue reading

Healthy Clay Bicycle Safety Survey

Healthy Clay
The Healthy Clay Coalition received a Pedestrian and Bicycle Safety mini-grant from the Partnership for a Fit Kentucky. You can help Healthy Clay reach their goal by taking a quick survey. It has only 15 questions and is anonymous.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/HlthyClay

For more information about Healthy Clay, contact Christie Green at 606-598-5564.”

Healthy Clay is using the grant funds to draft a pedestrian and bicycle plan to increase safe access to opportunities for physical activity in Manchester. As part of the planning process, Healthy Clay members would like to know what people think about walking and biking in our community.

Commit to Quit

Waldridge 2014
Dr. Ron Waldridge

KentuckyOne Health, through a grant from the Kentucky Foundation for Medical Care, has joined the KFMC/Kentucky Medical Association public health campaign, “Commit to Quit.” The statewide campaign encourages patients to work with their doctors as they commit to quit smoking.

Continue reading